Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween


Happy Halloween! Except, Halloween has no importance here. BOO! (See what I did there? Yaa, it's a good thing I can easily make myself laugh, I'd be so bored if I couldn't) :)

Thousands of miles away in America, the bad weather caused the hay ride that goes down my street to get canceled (we're country folk and our houses are too far apart to walk door to door to) and everyone had to trick or treat the traditional way, so I was able to Skype with my family and a few of my favorite neighbors this evening! It was so great to see the little kids I babysit. I haven't seen them since August, and they were so cute in their costumes. Zachary, my seven year old neighbor, had a lot of questions about Turkey and asked how to say certain words, I was happy he had an interest in what I was doing. He's such a curious kid, it's great! Jessa on the other hand was so excited that she could see me and show me her Cinderella dress, which she looked absolutely adorable in, but she's three and looks absolutely adorable in everything. Apparently she asked her mom, “Mom, when will Annie be home from Chicken?” That seriously made my week, maybe even month; I thought that was so hilarious, and I couldn't stop laughing.

After my neighbors left I talked to my parents for a bit, and it was really strange because usually when I talk to them they're sitting against a wall, but this time I could see the whole room because the children were running around showing me things on Skype. It was bittersweet to see my house for the first time in two months. It was such a weird feeling for me actually. I didn't really realize until recently that I'm really attached to my house; I grew up there and have so many wonderful memories in that house, and it's been really weird not being “home.” I believe my house is the quintessential house; it's like family, and food and love and warm fuzzy feelings all bunched up into house form. Gah! I love it. I love the way it smells and the way that the fireplace is constantly running during the winter.  I could go on and on, but I won't.  Seeing my house gave me a bit of that warm fuzzy feeling that I didn't even realize I was missing.  I just felt so weird because I knew the way I would be feeling with my family around me at that moment, but because I wasn't "there," I didn't feel that way.  So weird! 

Sooooo....... I love love loooooovvveeedddddd seeing the Ehle family for the first time in over two months today because I crazy miss them and love them. They're my second family and I miss them so much!! Thanks for Skyping with me guys. :)

LOOK HOW SMILEY I AM :)

No comments:

Post a Comment