Sunday, March 17, 2013

Being an Exchange Student is Fun SOLC2013#17

Today I spent the day with the other exchange students in Pamukkale, a place in Turkey with thermal baths.  It was unlike anything I've ever seen before, and we even got to swim in a pool that was heated by the thermal baths with ancient ruins at the bottom of it.  All of us exchange students were getting ready to go swimming, but a few of us forgot our swimming gear in the bus, so we had to walk like 20 minutes to go get it, then we were able to join the others in the pool.  My friend and I were getting ready to go, and she was waiting for me at the locker while I was changing (the way the place was set up was like, in a row there were changing rooms, the lockers, then the pool,) and as I finished changing, I realized that it was 50F/10C and that I don't have a towel or anything to keep me warm.  I think I broke a few American laws by then trying to cover myself up with my American flag, and I thought I was doing okay until this man looks at me, nudges his friend, then says "Look! An American tourist!" I didn't really know what to do.  I just chuckled and said, "Yeah, I'm American."  It was so awkward, but also really funny.  My Canadian friend laughed at me and my awkward reaction.  Anyways, we locked our stuff up then I then was able to go hang out and laugh with my friends, while all the other tourists stared at the crazy exchange students who went swimming with ancient ruins in the 50 degree weather.  Being an exchange student is such an adventure!

Americaaaaaaaaaa

1 comment:

  1. Hmm...hope the flag police don't see this blog. I hope you can take us to Pamukkale. It looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete