Thursday, March 7, 2013

Foreigners SOLC2013#6

Today at my school there were three foreign kids! One from China, one from Egypt and a third from Italy, all accompanies by a Turkish university student. I hung out with the students a litte bit during school, then afterwards I went to a cafe to hang out with them for a few hours with more people from their organization. We sipped tea and talked about the most random things. I was shocked that I'd only known a few of them for a few hours, because everyone seemed so friendly and welcoming. There were Turkish people and people from all over the world, everyone just laughing and I heard least 4 different languages being spoken.  It was so nice to be with a mix of foreigners and Turkish people who are similar to me. I had a really great night, and I know I've made some really good friends in this group. I look forward to the next few months I have with these guys. :)

4 comments:

  1. That is so cool. Keep the slices of life coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to have so many wonderful memories from this year. Your life will never be the same. By the way, Mrs. Ehle wants Turkish tea when you get home. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have Turkish tea from Jungle Jim's in the pantry, and you can buy Turkish teapots and cups on Amazon for a reasonable price! She could have some now :)

      Delete
  3. How unusual and exciting for your school community!

    ReplyDelete