Sunday, March 3, 2013

Slice of Life Challenge 2013

My mom, as many of you may know, is a 4th grade teacher.  Once a year, she challenges her kids to participate in the "Slice of Life Challenge" that is organized by a pair of bloggers, who happen to be teachers, who she follows.  Basically, Slice of Life is a challenge to write a little snippet about your life every day for the month of March.  So... I'm going to try it out.  I don't know if it'll work, but apparently my posts were good examples of SOLC writings, so they can both be my day one writings.

Now for day two!

It's day two of the SOLC and... I don't know what to write about.  Five minutes ago I Googled "I don't know what to blog about."  Well, honestly, I Googled, "ii dont konw what to blog about"  I had a few typos in there.. Oops.  Anyways, after reading a few blogs about what to blog about when you don't know what to blog about, I read about writing about your life NOW.  Not yesterday, or tomorrow, but now.  Well, right now I'm sitting on the couch, watching "O Ses Turkiye" (The Voice- Turkey) and I'm exhausted!!!

Today, I went to the cinema to see Gangster Squad.  The only English movies at the theater were Gangster Squad and Les Miserables, and because Les Mis is about ten hours long, I went with the action packed gangster movie! It had Ryan Gossling... so I liked it.  (Jeesh, I'm TOO tired right now...)  So, I was on the other side of Bursa to see the movie, and I had to take the metro home.  I was riding the metro with my other foreign friend, and we were speaking English, and I ended up singing quietly to him.  On the metro.  At that point the 14 year old boys sitting a few feet away from us started saying (in Turkish) "Oh, look! They're foreign!" Then his brilliant friend asked, "Are they speaking Spanish?" It made me laugh. I then got off the metro because I had to switch trains and I didn't like other people talking about me right in front of my face.  I then returned home and now I'm ready for bed!  Tomorrow I'm going to a nearby city with my host family, so hopefully I'll have something to Slice of Life about.  Also, I'll start writing before 12:30AM and I won't be exhausted before I even start writing. Now... it's bed time (finally)!  Iyi geceler ve tatlı rüyalar herkese.

5 comments:

  1. So, were you speaking Spanish? :) That reminds me of Grandma's story of pretend speaking Chinese on the bus with Aunt Janey and Aunt Cathi. Good night.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was speaking English! I really don't know why he thought I was speaking in Spanish.

      Delete
  2. Your ride on the metro is a story in itself, a slice of your world and of how gossip hurts no matter what the language.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be interesting, Annie. Get some rest first, then tell us some more about your time there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A slice from your day had so many topics that could be launched into their own slice. Isn't it amazing, we think we don't have anything to say but then there it is. Enjoy some sleep and enjoy the next day of slicing too. :)

    ReplyDelete