Tuesday, March 12, 2013

FroYo

Today a friend of mine and I were talking about America, and her interest in learning more about American culture.  She talked about the Kardashians, but I assured her America is not like the Kardashians, trying not to get angry about the situation. She then started telling me about how she was watching a TV show and the people kept eating yogurt, but it was cold yogurt. And I was like, "Well, yeah, you guys eat your yogurt cold too, but in the US yogurt is usually fruity."  She was like, "Oh, um, okay...but it was different..." and clearly I didn't get my point across, then I remembered the magical concoction of milk solids and sugar called frozen yogurt! I told her about the FroYo shops, and how you get a bowl, then fill it yourself with all of the soft serve frozen yogurt you want, then you can chose from like 50 toppings and put whatever you want on top of it then pay for it by the ounce! Ah! Just another enchanting thing that makes America America.  The idea of all of this really confused her I think, but I was barely able to contain my excitement about FroYo shops.

Having this conversation made me remember how much I missed ice cream and now I have been craving it since I talked to my friend.  Turks aren't big ice cream eaters, and I come from America where I can freely sit in front of the TV and eat a pint of ice cream all by myself.  I think that'd be rather frowned upon here... and probably lots of other places... but, anyways, it's my new craving.  I haven't had America cravings in awhile, but right now I could really go for some Cuzzins.  Mmmm :)

I just realized I keep blogging about food... you guys are going to think I'm a fat exchange student or something. ;) Night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment