Saturday, March 9, 2013

It's 2AM

So.... it's 2AM. I'm awake and need to be up in about 4 and a half hours. I'm not sleeping, so I decided to blog some. Remember, its 2AM, I'm awake, and attempting to write. This may be a bumpy ride... get ready!

First of all, today is Women's Day. So, happy Women's Day to all the wonderful women in my life, and to all the women around the world. Seriously, you guys (more like gals) are the best. Today to celebrate I went out for dinner with my host mom and all of her gal friends. I was so tired, but it was still fun. I got to dance all Turkish like. Tomorrow I'll be going to the mountain with my host mom and her friends to celebrate some more!

I haven't said this on my blog... but I think I've fallen in love with this country and my exchange.  And the awesome teenage high schooler kind at that.  I don't know what it is, but lately I've been really happy and the idea of returning home is scary.  The next four months of my life are going to be awesome.

TURKEY TIDBIT!
This is like blog inception. I usually make Turkey Tidbits their own blogs, but right now I'm blogging from my phone and just want to make one post. Blog within a blog. Mind. Blown.

Maybe this next part shouldn't even be called a Turkey Tidbit. I mean, its more like a "English Second Language Speakers' Tidbit." Turkey Tidbit sounds better. Let's just pretend this next part is something cool and clever about Turkey...

My name is Annie. Few people can correctly pronounce my name here, and even fewer can differentiate between my name and the word "any." The harsh American A sound isn't existant in Turkish, and I think its fun trying to teach people how to say my name. My name is most fun when I go to Starbucks... Usually they don't even attempt to spell my name correctly, but on this occassion they asked how it should be spelled. Also, this guy's handwriting is like my dad's. Weird. (Picture should be below somewhere.)

I'm ready to try to hit the hay again.... Goodnight internet :')

PS. I've lately been told my accent is "cute." Only when I speak Turkish though. . .

PPS. How many blogposts have I started with, "So..."? I think a lot.

Okay. Goodnight for real this time. (Gah. I hate goodnight time!)

Besitos :) (Sorry, Turkish...)

1 comment:

  1. Have fun in the mountains. What a wonderful way to celebrate International Women's Day. We need to do something special here. Next year?

    ReplyDelete